Ultra Melanger Choco Grinder - 110V
A specially designed chocolate grinder for homes - Now there is no need to buy chocolates. Instead, you can make them at home.
Choco grind is designed with high heat resistant class H insulation in the motor for continuous running up to 80 hours. It also has a timer that can be preset up to 99 hours.Grinding fineness is achieved even faster with the patented conical stones. The auto-motor shut off feature ensures Motor safety too.
Features of Ultra Melanger Chocoa Grinder - 110V
Ultra Melanger Choco Grind - Uses
Tension of the granite stones can be adjusted to obtain different grades of shear at different stages of grinding and for different ingredients. Double granite roller stones that rotate over a granite base. This creates tremendous shear that reduces the cocoa nibs to fine chocolate liquor with a particle size of the order of less than 15 microns.
This amazing stone melanger is the perfect companion to your endeavors. We have made several key enhancements to the traditional domestic stone grinder make this perfect for Chocolate, nut butters, Mexican masa, cosmetics and other food processing. The elegant design and sturdy construction assure long and satisfying usage and comes in a rich silky maroon color.
The cocoa nibs are ground with stone rollers until they become a paste known as cocoa mass or cocoa liquor. This pure, unrefined form of chocolate contains both cocoa solids (the chocolate part!) and cocoa butter (the natural fat present in the bean).Cocoa butter can be extracted from the cocoa mass with a hydraulic press.
This is useful because most chocolate makers often use extra cocoa butter to give their chocolate a smoother, glossier texture. The only fat in real chocolate is cocoa butter.
Demo Video - Ultra Melanger Choco Grind
Brand Ultra Volts Suitable for all 110 Volt Country Capacity 11 Lbs / 2 Litres Functions Multi Purpose Chocolate Machine, Chocolate Melanger, Chocolate Grinding, Chocolate Mixing, Chocolate Refining, Chocolate Conching, Chocolate Tempering, Chocolate Grinder, Chocolate Melanger, Chocolate refining, Chocolate Conching machine, Cocoa grinder Warranty 1 Year International Warranty Shipping World Wide Shipping (150+ Countries) Delivery FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY (3-5 Days)
Frequently Asked Question :
1) I have an Ultra wet grinder. Can I grind cocoa in it?
Ultra wet grinders are not designed to run continuously for long hours and hence they are not recommended for grinding cocoa nibs.
2) Can I grind rice & dal in Chocogrind?
Yes, but we recommend that you buy an additional drum and stone assembly to avoid taste and flavour of one to affect the other when ground using the same drum & stone assembly. Please note that the timer function will not be useful for batter grinding as the minimum timer setting is more than batter grinding time.
3) Can I use Chocogrind for any other application other than for chocolates? (Ex: Grinding for nut butter)
No. The Ultra Chocogrind has not been tested for other applications.
4) What are the ingredients to be used for making chocolate?
Roasted cocoa nibs and sugar.
5) Do I grind cocoa beans or cocoa nibs in the grinder?
The Ultra Chocogrind has been tested only using roasted cocoa nibs.
6) What is the difference between cocoa beans and roasted cocoa nibs?
Cocoa trees give cocoa beans. The husks of the cocoa beans are removed by roasting to get the roasted cocoa nibs.
7) Can we use cocoa powder directly for grinding instead of using cocoa nibs?
Ultra Chocogrind has only been tested with roasted cocoa nibs, however you can also use cocoa powder.
8) Do you sell cocoa nibs as well?
No. We do not sell cocoa nibs.
9) Where can I get cocoa nibs?
You can buy roasted cocoa nibs from stores and websites online.
10) What type of chocolates can be made?
The Ultra Chocogrind is designed to grind roasted cocoa nibs and sugar. You can make chocolates of your choice with the cocoa mass.
11) Does the procedure differ for different type of chocolates?
It might. Please research recipes for the same.
12) What is the capacity of the grinder?
The drum capacity is 2L
13) What is the minimum & maximum quantity that I can grind?
A minimum of 700 grams and a maximum of 11 LBS have been tested with 70:30 ratio of roasted cocoa nibs to sugar
14) What is the recommended cocoa:sugar mix?
The standard ratio of roasted cocoa nibs to sugar is 70:30. You can use the standard ratio or any other of your choice.
15) Should I use granulated sugar or powdered sugar? Can I use sugar cubes?
Sugar cubes should not be used. But you can use granulated sugar or powdered sugar (We recommend granulated white sugar).
16) Can sugar be replaced by any other sweetener?
Yes you can add white cane sugar as an alternative for sugar.
17) How long should I run the grinder?
There is no standard time. Grinding fineness (micron size) and conching time will depend on your need. However we do not recommend continuous running beyond 80 hours.
18) Is there a minimum grinding time?
There is no fixed minimum or maximum grinding time. Kindly refer to our product demonstration video for grinding procedure. You can also look up other resources for the same.
19) How do I preset the timer?
The timer can be preset to desired running time by pressing up/down arrow buttons, in intervals of 1 hour. After setting the time, you must press the ON/OFF button to start the grinder. In case you pause the grinder anytime, there is no need to reset the timer. When you restart the grinder, it will run only for remaining time.
20) How long can I preset the timer?
The timer can be preset upto 99 hours
21) What if power fails during cocoa grinding? Will the appliance restart automatically?
When power resumes after a power cut, grinder will not start by itself. This is for your own safety. This also ensures no damage to the grinder if cocoa mass solidifies over a long spell of power cut. However there is no need to reset timer. When you restart, the grinder will run only for the remaining duration.
22) Is there any ambient room temperature applicable for this grinder?
The grinder has been tested in ambient household kitchen temperature. However please do not place it near any heat source including direct sunlight.
23) Will motor get overheated if grinder is run continuously for long hours?
The Ultra Chocogrind’s motor is specially designed with high heat resistant class H insulation and hence it can run continuously for long hours. We have tested upto 80 hours continuous running.
24) Will plastic parts melt if grinder is run continuously for long hours?
The Ultra Chocogrind has been tested for upto 80 hours continuous running without any issues. The maximum withstanding temperature & material of plastics is given in the user guide. You can also refer to the specifications given in our website.
25) Does it need a cooling fan to dissipate heat?
There is no need of any external fan to cool the motor as the Chocogrind motor is specially designed with high heat resistant class H insulation. You are however free to use one if you want to.
26) Should the drum & roller stones be dry at the start of the process?
27) Can I add full quantity roasted cocoa nibs into the drum at one go?
No. Roasted cocoa nibs have to be added little by little in small quantities.
28) Can I add full quantity sugar into the drum at one go?
No. Sugar has to be added little by little in small quantities.
29) Is it mandatory to crush the roasted cocoa nibs with arm channel partially locked before grinding?
Yes. We recommend you to crush before grinding.
30) What would the power consumption be, if ground for up to 24 hours?
The Ultra Chocogrind consumes 0.15 units of power per hour. Hence with 24-hours of continuous running, it will consume 3.6 units of power.
31) Should there be a rest time given to grinder between individual batch grinding?
Yes. The grinder unit should be allowed to cool down for sometime before starting again for next batch chocolate making.
32) Can I add some nuts or dried fruits to the chocolate?
Yes you can add some nuts or dried fruits after you have transferred the cocoa mass into the mould or ice tray and then keep it in the fridge for cooling.
33) Can I add cocoa butter while grinding?
Yes you can.
34) Can I add milk?
You can only add milk in its powdered form.
35) How long does it take to grind roasted cocoa nibs? How do I know that cocoa nibs are fully ground?
Time is a function of quantity and quality of the roasted cocoa nibs used. During testing, 1kg of roasted cocoa nibs and sugar (in 70:30 ratio) took 9 hours to achieve a size of <20 micron. Hence the time taken might vary depending on grinding needs and procedures followed.
36) How long does it take for conching cocoa mass? How do I know conching is over?
Conching as a practise is done to balance flavours. Hence the duration depends on the user’s preference.
37) How long is tempering? How do I know when to stop?
As a practise tempering is done to get fat crystals together which gives chocolate a glossy look and snap. Tempering can be stopped at your preferred thickness & consistency of the cocoa mass.
38) Do you sell chocolate scraper & palette knife for tempering?
No. Those have to be purchased from stores and websites online.
39) Can I do tempering in a normal table? Why have you recommended granite/marble slab?
Tempering includes a step which requires cocoa mass to cool down. The granite/marble slab lends itself better to this step.
40) Is it mandatory to temper in an air conditioned environment? Why so?
Yes, since the air conditioned environment helps to bring down the temperature of the cocoa mass to aid tempering.
41) Do you sell chocolate moulds as well?
No. It has to be purchased from stores and websites online.
42) The shell and drum are getting heated. Is this normal?
Yes. Since the grinder runs continuously for long hours, heat can be felt on the drum and shell. However this does not impact the cocoa mass temperature.
43) Will the motor burn while running the grinder for long hours?
The motor is tested for continuous running up to 80 hours. It also has a safety feature, that the grinder will auto shut off at 135° C motor coil temperature.
44) Why is the stone cleaner provided?
The stone cleaner is provided to wipe cocoa mass from the stones into the drum.
45) Cocoa mass in the drum has solidified? Can I restart the grinder?
If the cocoa mass is left idle in the drum it can thicken. Do not restart the grinder immediately. The semi solid or fully solid cocoa in the drum should be melted using a hair dryer and spatula before restarting the grinder. Also ensure that no solid cocoa is sticking to the roller holder bottom bush. Refer our product maintenance video for procedure to melt the solidified cocoa.
46) How to clean the drum & stones after crushing, grinding & conching?
Use warm water to clean the drum and roller holder stone assembly, every time after use. Wipe off with clean dry cloth. Liquid soap can also be used for cleaning.
47) How long can the finished chocolate be stored? Will it spoil after sometime?
Finished chocolates made out of roasted cocoa nibs and sugar have a shelf life of 12 months if stored in a refrigerator / chiller.
48) How many chocolates can be made?
For 1 kg of roasted cocoa nibs and sugar ground, the cocoa mass output will be 850 to 900 grams. The number of chocolate bars will differ depending on size and shape of the mould used.
49) What is the chocogrind warranty period?
Warranty period is 1 year from date of purchase. Refer to the user guide for warranty policy
50) Are additional accessories provided with the grinder?
We provide spatula & stone cleaner as accessories along with the grinder.
- Additional Information
SKU chocgrind - 110V Brand Ultra Voltage 110 V Warranty 1 Year International Warranty Shipping World Wide Shipping (220 Countries) Delivery FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY (3-5 Days) Used For Multi Purpose cocoa, Nut (All variety of nuts), Spice , Seeds Grinder Machine, Chocolate Melangeur, Grinding, Mixing, Refining, Conching, Tempering, Cocoa grinder, cocoa nib grinder, nut butter grinder (All nuts) Used By Home maker, Raw food makers, Vegan Restaurants, Organic Food Manufacturer, Nutritionist, Natural Cosmetic, Herbal products, Organic Labs Contact [email protected] | AUS +61 470 317 431 | IND +91 7395 959 759 | USA +1 412 219 5053 Price $650.00
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $1,000.00
Special Price $500.00